Every year, you and your team spend days—even weeks—envisioning what could be and charting a course to get there. But as you well know, that’s where the work really begins.
Strategic planning is a critical part of the business-building process, but the magic of transformation lives in strategy implementation.
In addition to being thoughtfully planned, your strategy should be:
- Communicated: If your strategy exists only in the minds of leadership, it will never be implemented. Your team should understand and be able to articulate your strategy so it can actively contribute to it.
- Valued: If your strategy doesn’t have team alignment, you’re facing an uphill battle. Your team should feel invested in the strategy, understand the direction and its significance to the organization, and support leadership.
- Owned: If the frontline of your business—your team—doesn’t act out the strategy, it will never transition from a plan to a reality. Your organization should understand how their role impacts the strategy, feel ownership of it, and be active participants in bringing it to fruition.
Fall is strategic planning season for many companies. As you’re preparing for your planning process, Aileron can support you in many ways, the most timely being our annual two-day growth conference, Summit.
Summit isn’t your average business conference.
You won’t just sit and learn; you’ll participate and make progress. You’ll actively work on your business with your team and your peers. And you’ll leave armed with tactical techniques for implementing what you’ve explored.
In the Set Your Strategy Loose breakout session, you’ll learn how to cascade your strategy throughout your organization, and you’ll leave with tactical action items so you can immediately act on what you’ve learned, including:
- How to help your team think more strategically
- How to communicate your strategy so everyone feels heard, validated, and empowered
- How to set your strategy loose so your business can scale confidently