Don’t Just Run Your Business. Change it.
You want your business to evolve so it continues to be relevant in the marketplace. You and your team have the opportunity to explore strategies so you can reach your vision.
- Tony CollinsBusiness Advisor, Facilitator
Over the last 25 years, Tony has started, turned-around or helped grow over five different small to medium sized businesses in a variety of industries.
At the age of 26, Tony founded a non-regulated energy service subsidiary of DPL, Inc. that he quickly led to profitably during its first year of operations. Having led on one subsidiary to profitability, Tony was tapped by DPL Inc.’s CEO to lead the turnaround of a technology subsidiary where he executed a new strategy that resulted in a 200% increase in sales and the subsidiary’s first profit. Tony left DPL Inc. after a 15-year career to help grow an early and pioneering internet start-up.
Prior to startingTurningPoint Strategy over 10 years ago, Tony was Vice President of Marketing Strategy & Product Development for Cadence Network, a web-based cost management company that attracted $14 Million in venture funding. Tony was the architect behind the strategy that shifted Cadence Network into high-growth attracting such marquee clients as The Limited, Footlocker, Blockbuster Video, and AT&T Wireless. Forbes Magazine selected Cadence as Best of The Web B2B due in a large part to Tony’s strategy innovation and leadership.
At TurningPoint Strategy, Tony is an expert in growth strategy development, planning, execution and strategic marketing. Tony has authored a series of small business strategy workshops and presentations that he has delivered throughout the U.S. He also authors a blog called Big Strategy for Small Business. Tony is often called upon by business leaders for advice and input how and where to strategically grow their business.
Tony received his BS in Marketing from WSU, and an MBA in Finance from the University of Dayton. Tony serves or has served on several non-profit and for-profit boards in his community.
Tony is an avid runner, competitive tennis player and chef wannabe that lives in Lebanon, Ohio with his wife Janet and his daughters Lindsey and Maddie.
- Wes GipeBusiness Advisor, Facilitator and Leadership Coach
Wes Gipe works with business owners and their teams as a trusted facilitator, business advisor and coach. Known for his enthusiasm and high-energy approach, Wes’s willingness to boldly approach tough issues and go the extra mile have gained him loyal clients who look to him for help with strategic planning, leadership and culture development, and conflict resolution.
Wes started his journey as an Aileron client in 2008. After applying Aileron’s Professional Management principles to build a self-managing company, he now spends much of his time helping other organizations—big and small—build a strategy that endures. Through this work, he has logged over 9,000 coaching hours with more than 500 individuals throughout North America and Europe. His work has been featured in Forbes as well as other national media outlets. Wes resides in Miami County, OH with his wife and three rambunctious boys.
- Jack LohbeckBusiness AdvisorJack Lohbeck began serving on an advisory board for an Aileron client in 2002. Since that time, he has served on four additional boards in that capacity. In 2011, Jack began facilitating several of Aileron’s programs including Becoming an Effective Board Member as well as Interpreting Your Financial Results. In 2014, he expanded his involvement by becoming a Business Advisor assisting business owners and presidents intent on implementing professional management within their organizations.Since 2005, in his role as a senior business consultant for Battelle Rippe Kingston LLP, a firm based in Dayton, Ohio, Jack has been assisting companies and organizations engage in corporate planning, with a focus on prioritizing issues and strategies. He also provides expert guidance on financial and operational matters; drawing on 27 years of corporate experience with both privately held and publicly traded companies. Jack has served as Vice President of Finance and Administration for the eastern region of Utility Services Inc. USI is a wholly owned subsidiary of MDU Resources Inc., a diversified energy company. Prior to this position, he was President and Chief Operating Officer of the Wagner Group of Companies in Dayton Ohio. Wagner Smith was a privately held company founded in Dayton in 1917. The Wagner Group of Companies engaged in electrical and mechanical construction as well as equipment manufacturing and leasing. During the 1990’s, revenue from operations grew from $18 million to over $100 million in 2000. On July 2nd of that year, MDU Resources, a publicly traded company, acquired Wagner-Smith and related Companies.Jack is active in the community as past president of The Rotary Club of Dayton, board member of Rebuilding Together Dayton, and a board member of The Miami Valley Hospital as well as Premier Health. He has been an instructor in accounting at Sinclair Community College and has also served as an adjunct professor at the University Of Dayton School Of Law. He is a graduate of the University of Cincinnati and is a member of The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Phillip StollerBusiness Advisor, Facilitator and Leadership CoachPhillip StollerBusiness Advisor, Facilitator and Leadership Coach
Phillip Stoller is a business advisor, executive coach, entrepreneur, and innovator. Phillip is a professionally certified leadership coach, holds a B.A. in Psychology from Purdue University, and an M.B.A. from Indiana University. However, he has learned the most through his own entrepreneurial journey. Along the way, he founded Perma-Column and grew the company to an international force within the post-frame industry. In 2014 he had the opportunity to sell the company which is now owned by industry leader Morton Buildings. Since then, he has provided consultation to businesses through Accendo Consulting and has found an even deeper level of meaning and purpose in the work he has done atAileron advising and coaching leaders from over 150 businesses.
During his professional journey, experience has taught Phillip the importance of the “human-element” of business. He has found the impact of successfully navigating cultural and relational challenges to be as important in driving business results as some of the more technical work he has helped businesses work through.
As an avid reader that is passionate about learning, he is always working to find the latest research from Universities and Fortune 500 Companies. He takes great joy in adapting those findings into practical solutions capable of driving businesses of any size to greater success. His insights and empathetic approach to leadership have supported leaders in businesses in the US, Canada, and Europe in industries including Hospitality, Healthcare, Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering, Professional Trades, and Finance.
When Phillip isn’t working one-on-one with business leaders, he enjoys sharing his ideas on his website.
- Wendy VloedmanBusiness AdvisorWendy Vloedman began working with Aileron in 2008 as a facilitator for the President’s Roundtable, which has evolved into the Course for President’s Peer Group. She continues to work with the Aileron team to build and develop the organization’s internal Human Resources systems and practices and to add great talent to the staff. She currently facilitates the Course for President’s Peer Group and the Course for Managers, and she serves on a number of boards for privately held companies in addition to providing Executive Coaching for individual clients.She began her 23-year career with The Iams Company as a Territory Sales Representative in 1984 when the company’s staff numbered just over 100, while sales were less than $50 million annually. During her tenure with Iams and later, with Procter & Gamble when The Iams Company was acquired, Wendy moved through roles of sales management, sales training, training & development leadership, and human resources. She served as the Director of Iams University, a prototype of sorts for what would eventually become Aileron, and in 2000 she became the Human Resources leader for P&G Pet Care, a $1.7 billion subsidiary of Procter and Gamble. In that role, Wendy played an active role on the leadership team and spearheaded the integration of the organization’s practices, policies, and culture after The Iams Company was acquired in 1999.Wendy brings to privately held business owners her passion and expertise for people development, organizational strategy and change, culture, and performance management. Her deep roots and hands-on, practical experience in the fundamentals of professional management give her a unique perspective in assisting presidents and owners who are committed to establishing stronger professional management processes in their own companies.Wendy achieved her BS degree from Western Illinois University and is a certified P&G Executive Coach. For fun, she likes to cook, ride her horse, read, and create fabric art.
What Our Community Says
“Aileron’s Strategic Planning Service has helped us articulate our priorities, develop a sound plan and enabled our team to visualize a healthy future for the business. As business owners, we were challenged to provide answers to some of the tough questions about our collective aspirations. The end result is a precise and plausible roadmap of the next three years.”
Lisa Wolters, Yellow Springs Brewery
“It was inspiring to see the group come together to work towards a common goal”
Karen Eliason, Miami County Foundation